Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Royal Caribbean for the Holidays in 2010

I'm borrowing this from my Cruise Freek Forums board-mate, Ajani, with full permission, and, just making a few changes:

It's Time to Start Thinking About Christmas 2010

Don't forget to check out Cruise Freek Forum's Christmas Cruise aboard Grand Princess on December 19, 2008.

My enthusiastic board-mates on Cruise Freek Forums began to form a group cruise on Cunard for the holidays in 2009 nearly a year ago with the itinerary and prices still sight unseen. After doing some poking around, I found out that the "major cruise message board" out there who I don't dare mention by name (but, if you've been on the Internet and you are cruiser then you probably belong to this board) doesn't have one single Cunard group sailing. Strange, right?

Anyway, given that Cruise Freeks are now successfully filling group space for their Cunard group for the Holidays in 2009, I thought I'd do the same for 2010 when Cruise Freek Forums will be sponsoring a holiday cruise aboard Royal Caribbean from New Jersey.

Some people like to make arguments about holiday cruises - that's they're too expensive. However, one could argue that the money saved on buying Christmas presents, food, your time and factoring intangible expenses such as aggravation, a few hundred dollars might just off-set the extra cost!

Another famous holiday cruise argument is that the ship will be crowded and over-run with kids. My response to that is any time that school is out whether it's for summer vacation or for school breaks such as Christmas vacation the ships are going to have children on them and usually lots of them and the ships are usually sold to capacity at those times. So that argument doesn't hold any water with me. And, actually the only ones it really bothers are old farts who forgot what it's like to be a kid or to be a parent of a young child and, I wouldn't want to sail with someone with such a cranky attitude so I'd be happier if that type did stay home!

I think the biggest argument of why people don't sail during the holidays is family related issues like "My parents will kill me if we don't come to visit". Well, here's a thought...why not invite them along? It's not like a cruise is a last minute decision as studies show that most people book their cruise 6 months in advance and with holiday sailings it jumps to over a year in advance; so, there is time to set up a budget and pay it off as the months roll along. And, being the veteran of many holiday sailings I've seen more extended families on board during holiday sailings than any other time of year.

Another family related issue is that the kids will miss Christmas at home - interesting argument because the kids I see on the ships don't look like they are missing a thing! Santa always manages to find the cruise ships, clever parents can bring presents along with them as token gifts, and, I'm sure it's a better memory maker being on a cruise with their family than sitting around listening to same stories told by relatives...again.

And if this enough to convince you that you, then maybe some photos will:


















Or would you rather be doing this:















No comments:

My Headlines

Cruising with Cruise Freeks in 2010 Headline Animator

Directory of Travel Blogs
Ajani - whereIstand.com

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

Greetings from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, New York